Sunday, June 7, 2009

Do You Know Me?

Do you know me?
Have we met?
Probably not, but I'm sure you have seen many others just like me.

Trust me there are tons of us out there but for some reason we seem invisible to the world. You know who I mean. It's ok to talk about it. It's ok to notice us. I know we aren't invisible even though that is what it feels like a lot. I am that overweight person that you happen to notice but try not to stare at. The one you watch at the food store, to see what we are buying, the one you watch at the fast food restaurant and observe what we are eating. We all do it, trust me, I'm overweight and I too do it. I see a heavy person and wonder ''why are they fat'', or say she/he is nice looking, too bad they are overweight. I watch what others are buying/eating. I compare myself to fat people wondering is that what I look like.

I'm not afraid to talk about being fat anymore. I'm not in denial anymore. I know what it is to be fat. I have been fat for half of my life now. Wow, its really amazing to think that half my life I have been living ''invisible'' to the world. You are probably thinking to yourself - ''Hello lady, you weren't invisible, Yoohoo, we can see you, how could we miss you!'' But, inside I was. The person that I am. I'm not talking weight, I'm talking about me as an individual. You know, the girl under the fat. Yes, there really is someone under this fat suit who is just like you.

I know what its like to be skinny, was skinny growing up, skinny when I had my child and skinny after losing over 100 pounds 3 years ago. I know how different life is for a skinny person.

I'm not skinny anymore though, hence, the Before, After, Before title. I've gone through the circle of dieting. I'm not even a Yo-Yo dieter, I'm a circle. I always start back where I began, but not this time cause I'm breaking the circle and going to make it a straight line to Forever!

It's going to be hard, it's going to seem impossible at times for me. I'm fighting my age, pre-menopause, and a few other thinks that will complicate it but not stop me. I want to enjoy life. I want to find my life.

I'm going to use this blog to moan, laugh, encourage, promote, and find myself again as I face the biggest challenge in my life.

Join me, follow me, taunt me, encourage me, every word will be read, and every word will help me achieve this goal of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment